Looking for a quick, easy and impressive breakfast option? Try baked croissant French toast with cherries and coconut cream.
This breakfast idea almost came as a rescue when I had guests over for breakfast. I consider this as a cheats version of French toast as it is easy, looks stunning and tastes delicious. Honestly, who won’t mind a slice of baked Croissant soaked in delicious pudding and with occasional burst of flavors from cherries. I usually place the whipped coconut cream and toasted almond flakes on the side.
I usually prefer brioche bread when it comes to making French toast, but the croissant is such a fantastic alternative. Crispy exterior and soft inside. You may choose any other fruit like strawberries, blueberries, etc. and use use whipped cream to make it rich. Coconut cream is light and add a mild coconut try flavor.
So, here is the recipe and it works pretty well when you need to impress with very little time in hand.
Baked French toast with Croissant and Fruits
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Milk 150 ml
Canola oil 4 tbsp
Cherries 250 gms
Chocolate chips 40 gms
Sugar 30 gms
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
Butter 2 tbsp
Coconut cream 400 gms (1 can)
- Blend milk, eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla and cinnamon with a hand blender.
- Slice the croissant, soak them briefly in the milk mixture and place them as a layer with pitted, sliced cherries. Arrange them on a baking tin.
- Pour the milk mixture over the croissant and cherries and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate chips.
- Rub some melted butter over the exposed croissant. Bake in a preheated oven ( 160 degree Celsius) for 20-25 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped coconut cream or regular cream of your choice.
note: you also choose to sprinkle toasted and slivered almonds