I must be obsessed with pumpkin to create the third dessert with it in two months. But then who doesn’t love pumpkin, right?? It has a lovely texture and lends natural sweetness. My only reason for adding sugar while cooking the pumpkin is to get a gorgeous color.
Well, that color doesn’t stand out much, and all you can see is a pale orange color. Plus, I used homemade pumpkin puree, which is lighter than the canned ones. You may choose to increase the quantity of pumpkin puree. The most challenging part of this dessert was peeling and cutting the pumpkin. The rest was a breeze.
The texture is incredible, and sweetness is just about perfect. So, here is my recipe for a no-bake pumpkin cheesecake.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Serves : 5-6 persons
Chilling time: 2-4 hours
- Pumpkin 800 gms
- Sugar 50 gms
- Cinnamon 1 and ½ tbsp
- Greek yogurt 150 gms
- Cream cheese 100 gms
- Gelatin 5 gms
- Coconut cream 400 gms
- Honey 2 tbsp
- Biscuits 12-14(Marie biscuits)
- Dates 6-7
- Coconut oil 3tbsp
- Pomegranate arils ½ cup
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into cubes. Roast or cook them over an open pan with a little oil.
- Once they are cooked through, make a puree. Add sugar to the puree and cook further till the color of the puree is deeper.
- Whip the yogurt and cream cheese. Add the cooled pumpkin puree and fold.
- Mix the gelatin with 4-5 tbsp of water. Let it bloom and after 10-15 minutes add it to the cheesecake mix and combine.
- For the base, blend all the ingredients to get a crumb-like texture. Pour it into a greased and lined baking tin ( inches in diameter).
- Use the bottom of a glass to get an even layer. Next, pour the pumpkin, yogurt, and cheese mixture. Place it in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.
- Whisk the coconut cream with honey and pour it on the top of the cheesecake. Let it chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before serving. decorate with pomegranate arils(optional)