If you like having dessert for breakfast you will love this. It’s super simple with a very short preparation time. Semolina pudding with a layer of berry sauce stands out in terms of taste and looks. You can add to the texture with chopped or slivered nuts.
You just need a handful of ingredients. The pudding which we also call ‘firni’ is something I grew up eating. It is light and very healthy. The sauce is my addition. I am sure a sauce made with any seasonal fruit would also taste great but am yet to try that. I replaced cow’s milk with coconut cream and coconut milk to keep it vegan. My little one gives me a tough time during breakfast. But this pudding with the sauce served chilled is his absolute favorite. The sauce can be easily stored in an airtight container for upto three days.
Hope you enjoy it!!
Semolina pudding with mixed berry sauce
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Roasted Semolina 80g
- Sugar 50g
- Coconut milk 400ml
- Coconut cream 100g
- Cardamom Powder pinch
- Blueberries + Strawberries (frozen) 200g
- Sugar 3tbsp
- Water/Orange Juice 1 cup
- Start by roasting the semolina over a medium flame. Keep stirring the semolina continuously with a wooden spoon to avoid burning
- Roast till you can smell a hint of nuttiness and color changes slightly
- Whisk the coconut cream and milk in another pan and bring it to a boil. Add the sugar & cardamom powder and stir.
- Once the sugar dissolves, pour the roasted semolina in batches and using a spatula or whisk mix it evenly
- Let the semolina cook and thicken to the desired consistency. Let it cool.
- Heat a saucepan and add all the ingredients for the sauce
- Let it come to a simmer, press the berries with the back of your spoon
- Once the berries are cooked through, turn off the heat, let it cool and blend it into a sauce with little water (if needed) to the desired consistency
- For serving, Spoon out the pudding into the bowls and top it with a tablespoon or more of the sauce. Add fresh berries and toasted almonds. Serve chilled.
Looks super delicious & tempting !
thank you. and sorry for the late reply. dont know how I missed it
LikeLiked by 1 person
No worries. 🙂