I am bringing two of my favorite beverages together tea and hot chocolate. It’s been a while since I last posted anything with tea. Chocolate and cinnamon work beautifully with tea. I used CTC tea from Assam with strong liquor. The spices also do their bit of magic in this delicious drink.
A decade ago, when I went to Ooty, I got to try a cup of chocolate tea on a roadside tea shop. It tasted like regular tea, but the homemade chocolate truffles served with tea were delicious. I loved the idea of having both chocolate and chai together. After a few failed attempts, I finally found my perfect cup. Here’s sharing this secret to make tea ever so tempting…
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serves : 2-3 persons
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Milk 300 ml
- Water 100 ml
- Sugar 10 gms
- Black tea 1 tbsp
- Cardamom 1-2 (Crushed)
- Cinnamon ½ tsp
- Cocoa 1 tbsp + for dusting
- Chocolate 40 gms
- Whipping cream 20-25 ml
- In a pan add milk and water, once the mixture is warm separate a cup of this, add cocoa powder and keep it aside.
- Add tea, cardamom, and cinnamon to the pan. Keep stirring the mixture over medium heat.
- Once the tea releases its color and flavors, strain the mixture. Pour this strained mixture back to the pan.
- Keep the heat on low and add the cocoa milk mixture to the tea along with chocolate (broken).
- In the meantime, whip the cream with sugar and keep it aside. Once the chocolate melts pour it into serving mugs, top it with cream and dust some more cocoa powder.