What did you do when you did not go for your grocery shopping on time? You search the pantry and fridge to fix a quick meal. I am glad I always keep a can of chickpeas. Chickpeas stew to the rescue on a hectic day.
Chickpeas tomatoes and just a handful of ingredients lead to this simple stew which we polished with some toasted bread. You will need some bread to soak up the sauce.
Soft cooked tomatoes become the base and add some sweetness to this stew. My little man loved it. It took me under 15 minutes to prepare. You may add vegetables like diced courgette, zucchini, etc., to this stew.
I added the chili flakes later for the grown-ups. You can skip it entirely.
Make this light stew for summer with the vegetables of your choice.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Chickpeas 400 gms (1 can)
- Bell pepper 1 (diced)
- Cherry tomatoes 10
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Onion 1
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Rosemary ½ tsp (chopped)
- Tomato puree 1 tsp
- Olive oil
- Feta cheese ½ tsp (optional)
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Basil leaves
- Heat some oil in a pan and add chopped garlic. Once fragrant, add the onion, cherry tomatoes, and bell pepper.
- When the veggies soften, add paprika and rosemary. Stir in a teaspoon of tomato puree and mix till well combined.
- Next, add salt, pepper, and a little water if required. Serve hot with some toasted bread. Garnish with basil leaves and some feta cheese.