Sometimes the simplest of dishes are more fulfilling. Spaghetti with roasted cherry tomatoes and basil is one such dish and my go-to pasta when I am not in the mood to cook an elaborate meal. I love the simplicity and freshness of this pasta.
I found these locally sourced cherry tomatoes in the market and decided to pair them with pasta. A few fresh herbs and some spices make this light and delicious sauce. The tomatoes and garlic release the flavor into the oil. The squashed tomatoes make the base and coat the pasta.
Each mouthful transports you to the streets of Italy. I wanted to work with spaghetti in terms of food styling, and this was a great opportunity.
Kiddo loves it, so I reserved the chili flakes for later and sprinkled them on the top of our plates.
Here is a recipe to bid the summer adieu.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Cherry tomatoes 120 gms
- Garlic 4-5 (chopped)
- Rosemary 3-4 sprigs
- Spaghetti 200 gms
- Basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese (grated) 3 Tbsp
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Start by placing the whole or sliced tomatoes in an oven-proof dish.
- Add chopped garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper, and olive oil.
- Roast them for 15 minutes at 160 degrees in a preheated oven.
- Cook the pasta as per instructions on the packet. Once the pasta is ready, drain and toss it with the roasted tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle grated parmesan cheese. Serve warm with fresh basil and chili flakes(optional).
Roasting these vegetables was such a perfect way to go!
I totally agree, thanks Dorothy