Is there anything called Mousse parfait? Pumpkin mousse with sweetened Greek yogurt and crushed lotus has everything required to qualify for a parfait. Perfect balance of sweetness with the crunch from the lotus biscuits. It is not a healthy dessert, but I love it for its uniqueness and light texture.
Well, people say what is there in the UAE to see and experience, all human-made nothing natural. I suppose if you know where to look, you will see the beyond the tourist-friendly desktop wallpaper. UAE takes unprecedented measure to preserve its nature and culture while at the same time adopting smart technology
Nature doesn’t just mean lush green mountains, perfectly manicured trees, and hand-cut beaches. Desert is also a creation of life. Sand is the first thing that forms when rocks erode. When I look at the desert, it does make me feel small, and its beauty leaves me speechless. The sand dunes are like the ruffles on a smooth silk cloth, not to mention the beautiful sunset.
The last day of the UAE national day holidays ended with a trip to the desert. A cycling track right in the middle of the desert next to a beautiful lake. K loved playing in the sand, climbing dunes and collecting rocks, and of course, occasionally cycling. We let him be himself.
He rolled and slid down the dunes, gathering enough sand to make the car, go for its next wash a little earlier.
Have you ever been to a desert?
After the desert, it’s time for a dessert.
One of my favorite creations with pumpkin. Pumpkin mousse parfait for days when you feel a little sweet can make your day just perfect. The layers are pumpkin puree whipped with coconut cream, honey, and whipped Greek yogurt, and the base is crushed lotus biscuits.
Pumpkin mousse with lotus
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Makes : 4-5
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Pumpkin (raw) 700 gms
- sugar 120 gms
- cinnamon powder 1 tbsp
- Coconut cream 400 gms
- Greek yogurt 250 gms
- Lotus biscuits 10 (crushed)
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Cook the pumpkin pieces with a little water. Once cooked through, add the sugar, cinnamon, and cook till the color darkens.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool. Either puree or run the cooked pumpkin through a fine sieve. Slowly separate the coconut cream from the water.
- Add it to the pumpkin puree and slowly fold. Place in a piping bag and leave in the refrigerator.
- Leave it in the fridge for at least 4 to 5 hours before assembling. whip the greek yoghurt with honey.
- Place the crushed lotus biscuits followed by the yogurt and then the pumpkin layer. Serve with crushed lotus biscuits or crushed nuts.