How about making broccoli a snack item?. Gluten-free Broccoli fritters are a perfect snack with a little ketchup or labneh. Even though I don’t have much trouble feeding kiddo this veggie, it’s nice to see it in a new avatar.
It hardly takes much time. As the coarsely chopped broccoli gets, steamed rest of the ingredients can be prepared. Adding rice powder to the mix helped me bring together the elements. And the best part is shallow frying the fritters to crisp golden. They got over in no time with a cup of tea. Weekends are a must for a little indulgence, and when you keep it healthy, it just gets better. Do you enjoy serving a veggie differently?
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serves : 1-2 persons
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Broccoli 250 gms
- Egg 1
- Rice powder 3 -4tbsp
- Onion 1
- Salt and pepper
- Ginger and garlic paste
- Cumin powder
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Chop the broccoli florets coarsely or run them in a veggie ricer.
- Steam the broccoli for 5-6 minutes.
- Place the steamed broccoli in a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Give the desired shape to the fritters.
- Shallow fry till golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup and labneh dip.