A light soup loaded with mushrooms and slim lamb ribs, yet leaves you feeling full.
I was surprised by the explosion of flavors and different textures, which is the high point of this soup. I choose ribs over a more meatier cut because I wanted the bones to release some right nutrients into the soup. Two kinds of mushrooms: brown mushrooms and enoki were used, which added so much to the texture.
With the winter slowly coming to an end, I am glad I made this soup. I hope you enjoy making it over the weekend.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serves : 1-2 persons
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Lamb ribs 250 gms
- Brown mushrooms 200 gms
- Garlic 3-4 cloves(chopped)
- Ginger 1 tbsp (thinly sliced)
- Onion 1 small
- Chilli 2
- Soy sauce 3 tbsp
- Chicken stock 1 cube
- Red chili powder ¼ tsp
- Spring Onions 4-5
- Enoki mushrooms 1 bunch
- Carrots 1
- In a deep bottom pan, heat some oil and brown the ribs lightly.
- Remove the ribs, add the garlic, ginger, and onion to the same pan.
- Once the onions are translucent, add chopped mushrooms, chilies, soy sauce, and chili powder.
- Saute the mushrooms for a minute and add the ribs right back.
- Give it a good mix and pour two cups of water. Add the stock and let it dissolve.
- Serve the soup in bowls and garnish with matchstick carrots, spring onions, and enoki mushrooms.