A basic recipe with the right ingredients can make a difference. Spaghetti Aglio e olio with cherry tomatoes is one such dish. We love this simple recipe, with Olive oil being the star ingredient.
The oil forms the base for this amazing sauce with loads of flavor coming in from garlic and chili flakes. I added the cherry tomatoes for some sweetness, and the parmesan brings everything together. I find this dish very balanced in terms of textures and taste. It has to be a part of the weekend meal once every fortnight.
My trick is to chop the garlic as tiny as possible, but I don’t mince it. Heat the oil gently and let the garlic sizzle.
I hope you enjoy the recipe!!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serves : 2-3
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Spaghetti 350 gms(approx. as I used 80% of a regular packet)
- Garlic 5 cloves
- Olive oil ½ cup
- Chili flakes 2 tbsp
- Cherry tomatoes 12-14
- Parmesan cheese ¼ cup
- Salt and pepper
- Basil leaves
- Cook the spaghetti as per instructions on the packet.
- Heat the oil on low flame and add the garlic. Let it sizzle so that garlic releases all its flavors into the oil. Take care not to over cook.
- Add the chili flakes. Turn off the heat.
- Drain the pasta and reserve a little water.
- Slowly pour it into the sauce, add salt and pepper. Mix evenly with the sauce.
- Pan roast the cherry tomatoes with a bit of oil and salt.
- Add the tomatoes and grated parmesan to the pasta. Serve warm.