This magical mix has bananas, honey, oats, cinnamon, and yogurt. It’s more like preparing ready to eat breakfast. And the best part is I use the same batter to make donuts too. With zero sugar, I let kiddo enjoy a donut early in the morning.
Online working has left me with no time for preparing breakfast on certain days. I usually pair breakfast for my kiddo with a glass of milk, which keeps him full until snack time. My son loves bananas, and they are more or less a pantry staple in most homes. Usually, a slightly overripe banana ends up as banana muffins. I make smaller batches, and they tend to get over in 2 to 3 days.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Baking time : 12-14 minutes
- Bananas 2 (large) or 3 medium
- Whole Wheat flour 100 gms
- Oats (quick cooking) 50 gms
- All-purpose flour 100 gms
- Honey 120 ml
- Cinnamon 1tbsp
- Baking powder ½ tsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Egg 1
- Coconut oil 2 tbsp
- Yogurt 2 tbsp
- Milk 50ml
- Sift the dry ingredients except for the oats into a bowl.
- Add the oats and keep it aside.
- Peel and mash the bananas and add the honey, egg, and oil. Use a hand blender to get an even mixture.
- Add the yogurt and milk and whisk a little.
- Add the dry ingredients and use a spatula to combine well.
- Bake in a preheated oven ( at 180 degrees) for 14-15 minutes on the middle rack.
Makes 6 muffins and 6 donuts.