Cucumbers and Mint are summer staples. Bringing them together to make a drink is the best decision. It’s super easy and refreshing. I like trying out drinks with different ingredients;and this was the easiest.
Cucumbers help hydrate and keep us cool, while Mint leaves are an essential for digestion. I added a hint of lime juice and black salt for the zing. Soaked basil seeds add to the texture and visual appeal too. Well, a simple healthy drink for the summer when you run out of ideas or ingredients.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serves : 4
- Cucumber(medium) 1
- Mint leaves 1 cup
- Sugar 3-4tbsp
- Black salt 1/2 tsp
- Basil/sabja seeds 2tbsp (soaked in ½ cup water)
- Lime ½
- Garnish: few sprigs of fresh Mint
- Blend the cucumber with mint leaves, salt, and sugar. Use it as a stock solution and can be stored for a day or two.
- At the time of serving, add cucumber slices and ice cubes to four glasses(medium-sized) and pour the mixture evenly.
- Squeeze a slice of lime in the glasses, top them with soaked basil seeds, and little chilled water (if needed).
- Garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.