Summer without a plate of watermelon salad sounds incomplete. We do enjoy watermelon in all its forms. For example, little one loves the popsicle, as granita or as juice with mint leaves.
However, as grown-ups, we kind of look forward to more flavors added into the mix. And a plate of rightly balanced watermelon salad makes sure to satisfy your taste buds.
My twist is simple, a little heat from chili flakes and crunch from roasted peanuts. I sprinkle a few chili flakes and squeeze a little lime juice to balance it all out. I avoid adding too much salt and pepper to the dressing as feta cheese is salty, and chili flakes bring in the heat.
I hope you get a chance to treat yourself to a plate of watermelon salad my way before the summer bids adieu.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Serves : 1-2
- Watermelon 1 small or ½ for a medium-sized
- Feta cheese (crumbled) 3 tbsp
- Fresh Basil leaves ½ cup
- Roasted and crushed peanuts ¼ cup
- Olive oil 2tbsp
- Lime juice 1 tsp
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Chili flakes ¼ tsp
Method for Dressing
- Place everything in a mixing bowl with a little salt and whisk with a fork.
- Tear a few basil leaves, toss them into the dressing and keep it aside.
- Slice the watermelon the way you like. Feel free to add cucumber slices.
- Drizzle the dressing, toss lightly and arrange it on a serving plate.
- Top it with crumbled feta, fresh basil leaves, and roasted peanuts.