Turmeric milk and its benefits are known to everyone. It is considered a superfood and is trending as a golden milk / turmeric latte. I love the taste. So, I present to you Spiced turmeric milk panna cotta. The color of turmeric milk makes it photogenic and soothing at the same time.
I usually use fresh organic turmeric to prepare turmeric milk, crushed black pepper, ginger, and a little honey. The choice of milk depends on what is available. However, the team at Omgoldenturmeric makes your life easy with a ready to use blend of organic turmeric with a few spices. The aroma gives you a craving. I had to try a mug of warm turmeric milk with this blend before getting all experimental. I ended up having two cups.
The golden milk with specks of pepper inspired me to prepare a simple dessert. I made it with gelatine, but you could use agar agar to keep it vegan. Coconut milk works magic with this blend, and the result is beautiful. The preparation is simple but sieving the entire mixture before pouring into molds is crucial to the texture. I hope you enjoy it.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: 24 hours
Serves : 5-6
- Coconut cream 300gms + 2 tbsp
- Coconut milk 200 ml
- Palm sugar 60 gms
- Turmeric blend 1 tbsp
- Gelatine 1tbsp
- Dry rose petals for garnish
- Warm the coconut milk and cream together in a pan.
- In a small bowl, pour 2 tbsp of water and sprinkle the gelatine.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the coconut cream mixture and the rest of the ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Now pass this mixture through a sieve before pouring into the serving glasses or jars to set overnight in the refrigerator.
- Once the panna cotta is set, top it with some whipped coconut cream, rose petals, and a pinch of turmeric.