When you crave for seafood, and all you have is a can of Tuna, make most of it by adding some fantastic flavors. Tuna pasta with sweet charred peppers will take you by surprise.
The only effort you need to make is while getting that char on the sweet peppers. Charring adds some smokiness to the sauce. Tuna and the peppers taste amazing together with a little heat from the chili. I have used the red lentil pasta from @barillame to add to the texture and raise the dish’s health quotient. Regular pasta will taste equally good too.
You may choose to make it creamy with some regular cream, but I decided to keep it light.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 hours
Serves : 2-3
- Pasta 150 gms
- Sweet peppers 5
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Chili flakes 1/2 tsp
- Tuna can 1 (approx. 180gms)
- Olive oil
- Tomato puree 1tbsp
- Cherry tomatoes 5
- Parsley (chopped) ¼ cup
- Parmesan cheese ¼ cup
- Start with the sauce, heat some olive oil in a pan, add garlic, and let it sizzle. Throw in the sliced cherry tomatoes along with the chili flakes.
- Once the tomatoes soften, add the tomato puree and Tuna. Use a wooden spoon to break the chunks, if any, slowly.
- Clean the peppers and pat dry. Rub a little oil evenly and like a few holes on the skin. Insert a wooden skewer and roast them lightly on fire, to get a nice char or some blistered skin.
- Cook the pasta as per instructions and add it to the sauce along with the roughly chopped peppers. Sprinkle parmesan and parsley at the time of serving.