There are days when you don’t feel like cooking up a meal. Cherry tomatoes confit is an easy fix for those days. It is not possible to predict and be prepared. However, occasionally I tend to cook a little extra sauce or prepare a preserve that might come in handy.
Cherry tomatoes are in season and are pretty cheap; I decided to prepare a batch and ended up making two. I tend to make smaller batches that gets over in a week. It is super simple and needs just a handful of ingredients. Honestly, all you need is a bottle of good quality olive oil, cherry tomatoes (preferably sweet ones), garlic, and salt.
Some fresh herbs add to the flavor. I also used part olive oil and part leftover sun-dried tomatoes oil.I had a large bottle of sun-dried tomatoes, which got used up, leaving behind the fantastic oil loaded with flavors.
I add tomato confit to my pasta, salads, toasts, etc. I just toast some excellent quality bread slices and serve with the tomato confit for those lazy days.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves : NA
- Cherry Tomatoes 125 gms
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Olive oil 150 ml
- Sun-dried tomatoes oil 100ml
- Rosemary 1 sprig
- Sea salt 1tbsp
- Clean and place the tomatoes in a baking dish. Sprinkle salt, add the garlic, and give it a toss.
- Pour the two kinds of oil and place the rosemary sprigs.
- Let it roast in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Occasionally give it a stir without spoiling the tomatoes.
- Once the skin looks shriveled, turn off the oven and let it cool.
- Store in a sterilized jar.