Creamy Tuscan Chicken sure is a classic that I can never have enough. Mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and sundried tomatoes come together in this Italian dish to leave you craving more. Plus, the added advantage of being a one-pot meal makes it even better.
It pairs beautifully with some bread or spaghetti. With the season change in the offing coupled with a cool breeze early in the morning, I wanted something indulgent over the weekend.
It was a quick, easy meal with just a handful of ingredients. The drizzle of sundried tomatoes oil, rich in flavors, adds an edge to this already delicious dish. I used a mix of fresh and preserved tomatoes to make it a little more interesting.
Try this rustic dish as it transports you the exotic locales of Tuscany, Italy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves : 2-3
- Chicken 500 gms breast
- Sundried tomatoes 6-7
- Cherry tomatoes 5-7
- Mushrooms 5-6
- Cream 2 tbsp
- Chicken stock 1/2 cup
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese ¼ cup
- Salt and pepper
- Season and pan sear the chicken breasts on a thick bottom pan with a little olive oil.
- Remove the chicken once they turn a lovely golden brown and add garlic to the same pan, followed by mushrooms.
- Add the two kinds of tomatoes and scrape the sides of the pan to release the flavors.
- Pour the stock, give it a good stir, and add the chicken pieces back to the pan.
- Cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cream.
- Serve with a few leaves of basil, grated parmesan and a drizzle of sun-dried tomatoes oil.