Deep-fried snacks can be made a little healthier with the right ingredients. Do you agree? Dal pakoras or lentil fritters with chopped fenugreek leaves are a lovely companion with tea.
I love adding the leftover pakoras, aka fritters, to curries the next day if there are any left.
My little one dislikes methi leaves in any form but gladly eats a couple of fritters with his meal. They have the health benefits of both fenugreek leaves and lentils. Chickpea flour binds everything together. I hope you get to try these before methi season is over.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
Serves : 2-3
- Methi/fenugreek leaves ½ bunch
- Red lentil/ Masoor dal 50 gms
- Chana dal 30 gms
- Chickpea flour 30 gms
- Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
- Cumin Powder 1/2 tsp
- Paprika powder 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
- Chili 1 (chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- Soak the two (red lentil and split Bengal gram) dals in water for at least three to four hours.
- Drain and blend with as little water. We don’t want a runny paste. Add the rest of the spices and seasonings.
- Chop the fenugreek leaves (and tender stems) roughly and add it to the blended lentils. Give it a good mix until everything is well combined.
- Heat a pan with oil and deep or shallow fry the fritters. Serve hot with some mint chutney. Sprinkle some chaat masala if you like. Enjoy!!
very interesting post. well done and i look forward to more of your magic.
Thank you for your kind words. Means a lot to me. Have a great day
LikeLiked by 1 person