We need festive treats of every kind around this time of the year. The ones with chocolate always win and are never enough. Banana chocolate brownies are delicious, moist, and gluten-free. Who doesn’t love a warm brownie with some ice cream, even in the winter?
Bananas form a perfect base and make the brownies moist, and it is super easy to make.
I use a hand blender to mix everything if the batter is a little lumpy. The banana, chocolate, and peanut butter flavor come together without overpowering. They can be prepared a day before and stored in an airtight container. Warm the brownies and serve as such or with your choice of toppings.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
- Bananas 2
- Eggs 2
- Cocoa powder 40 gms
- Chocolate 150 gms
- Sugar 100 gms
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Peanut butter 80 gms
- Coconut oil 20 ml
- Milk 20 ml
- Vanilla ½ tsp
- Mash the bananas and keep them aside.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, coconut oil, milk, and peanut butter.
- Shift the cocoa powder, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients along with the mashed and sieved bananas.
- Sprinkle the chopped chocolate and give it a good mix to combine.
- Pour into greased and lined tin(20 cmx20 cm).
- Bake for 20-22 minutes at 180 degrees.
Do the skewer test to check. I served these warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate ganache. They taste impressive as such.