Thai Basil beef is a stir fry of healthy ingredients and beef strips. A handful of ingredients leads to a colorful vibrant dish. You can switch beef with chicken to keep it light.
I kept it colorful and added textures. The veggies are parboiled and added to the stir fry to keep them crunchy. It can be served with steamed rice or noodles.
Sweet, salty, and spicy are the prime flavors. Fresh basil leaves bring in freshness.
That was about the dish, and coming to the cookware, I used Rossetti kitchenware to cook this Thai Basil beef. An Italian-based cookware brand with its unique design that encourages healthy cooking at home. I used a tablespoon of oil for this stir fry.
This cookware range is made from Granite Porcelain Enamel, a type of ceramic but much more superior than the basic ceramic available. It doesn’t crack, nor does the non-stick become toxic and leech harmful substances in the food. The lid is uniquely made out of the same material as the body to inspire the inclusive design and help lock in Cooking juices and minerals for tastier foods. That makes this cookware range ideal for Slow Cooking Methods too.
The true “Innocent and Organic” Cookware, thanks to the material, it’s no oil capabilities and Non-Toxic design benefits.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Beef 200 gms
- Capsicum 1
- Broccoli 120 gms
- Shallots 2-3 or Onion 1/2
- Garlic 3
- Ginger 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Fish sauce 1/2 tsp
- Chilli 1
- Sweet peas 5-6
- Crushed roasted peanuts 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds
- Basil leaves 1 cup
- Clean and break the broccoli into florets. Place them in a pot of boiling water.
- After a minute, remove the florets and place them in a bowl of cold water. Repeat this process with the sweet peas.
- Caramelize the beef strips on a skillet. Heat a pan and add a little oil. Add chopped garlic, shallots/onion, ginger, and let them flavor the oil.
- Add the sliced capsicum, broccoli florets, sliced sweet peas, chili, and beef strips. In the meantime, mix the soy sauce, sugar, and fish sauce in a bowl.
- Add this sauce mix to the stir-fry and toss till well combined. Turn off the heat and add the basil leaves. Serve with rice or noodles.