Mango season is upon us, and I could not resist making this dessert. It was a request from my son, who is a Mango lover too. He calls it Mango jelly; I call it layered mango and coconut panna cotta. Coconut and mango flavors work well together.
It looks beautiful and has the right amount of sweetness. I used jaggery as the sweetener. Jaggery tends to leave a light brown color.
Kids love this dessert for the beautiful consistency, and gelatine is good for skin and improves bone strength. Additionally, this is refined sugar-free and lactose-free. I used Alphonso mangoes which were ripe and had a lovely flavor.
Served in individual pots, these look elegant on a dinner table. I hope you do make them and see the smile broaden.
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Mango 2 ripe
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Coconut milk 300 gms
- Coconut cream 100 gms
- Gelatine 5 gms + 5 gms
- Jaggery 30 gms
- Peel and chop the mangoes into cubes. Place them in a pot with a little water and jaggery. Once the jaggery melts and the mango cubes softened, turn off the heat.
- Let it cool down before making a puree. It must be a little runny and has a sauce-like consistency.
- Dissolve a teaspoon of gelatine in some water, let it bloom, and microwave. Whisk with a fork and add it to the mango puree. Mix and pass it through a sieve. Pour into the serving glasses and refrigerate.
- Next, mix the coconut cream and milk. Sprinkle the gelatine over the coconut mixture and mix. Place this over low heat and bring it to a simmer. Turn off the heat. Pass it through a sieve.
- Once the mango layer is firm, pour the coconut layer and refrigerate again.
- Garnish with fresh mango and serve chilled.
Doesn’t this look beautiful and refreshing!
Wonderful and refreshing recipe
Thank you Soumya. means a lot to me
LikeLiked by 1 person