Mango jelly with matcha cream is a simple, elegant dessert loved by all. It can appeal to both kids and adults. Soft whipped matcha cream sits atop healthy homemade jello. I have come across drinks with mango and matcha, and I am sure they taste delicious, but I wanted to try something different.
The colors orange and green inspired me to create this dessert. I am glad I did, as the flavors compliment too. After a very long time, I got a little experimental. Do you experiment with flavors?
In this dessert, not just the flavor, even the textures will leave you surprised. So try it and share with me about your recent experiment in the kitchen.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Chilling time: 1-2 hours
- Mango 2 medium (pureed)
- Sugar 20 gms
- Gelatine 10 gms
- Water 100 ml
- Matcha 12 gms
- Whipping cream 100 ml
- Powdered Sugar 1 tsp
- Sprinkle gelatine over 50 ml water. Let it sit for some time, and then whisk with a fork.
- Heat the puree with the rest of the water. The puree must be warm but not too hot.
- Turn off the heat and add the gelatine mixture. Whisk till well combined and then pass it through a sieve.
- The jelly must have a runny consistency so that you can pour it easily into serving glasses. Whip the cream till soft peaks arise.
- Mix in the match and sugar and whip for a couple of seconds. Once the jelly is set after about 1-2 hours, pipe out the matcha cream.
- Dust some matcha powder just before serving. Serve chilled.