A light summery bowl of kebabs and salads for lunch makes the day perfect. Greek-style salmon kebabs with tzatziki sauce will transport you to Greece while you are still at home.
The creamy tzatziki sauce is my favorite, and it is so healthy. I even place it in my sandwiches.
Summer break starts in a day or two. I am struggling to choose between travel and no travel. A few close-by destinations have been opened, but it seems like a distant dream with so many formalities. I wish I could visit Greece and Cyprus. These two places have been on our bucket list for travel.
At Least with my food, I can bring Greece into my kitchen. I usually prepare Greek-style chicken kebabs but tried to keep it light with salmon. I also skipped the bread and served these with salad and pearl couscous.
Lemony kebabs with herby couscous and creamy Tzatziki sauce is a recipe you should try.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Salmon 300 (approx.) gms
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Paprika ¼ tsp
- Oregano (dried) 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Lemon zest of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Cucumber 2
- Greek yogurt ½ cup
- Garlic 3 cloves (grated)
- Dill 2 tbsp
- Parsley 2 tbsp
- Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes 7-8
- Feta cheese 2 tbsp (crumbled)
- Onion 1
Pearl couscous 100 gms
- Marinate the fish cubes with garlic, paprika, oregano, lemon juice, zest, salt, and pepper for a few minutes. Mount them on skewers and place them on a hot grill pan.
- Brush a little oil on the kebabs and turn after a minute. In the meantime, cook the couscous as per instructions on the packet. Once cooked, place in a colander or sieve to drain.
- Mix with a teaspoon of olive oil and chopped herbs.
- For tzatziki sauce, grate the cucumbers and squeeze out all the water. Place the cucumbers in a mixing bowl with the greek yogurt, dill, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Mix until well combined. Drizzle some olive oil and keep it aside. Serve the kebabs hot with the warm couscous and cold tzatziki sauce.
- Serve the salad on the side with crumbled feta cheese and sliced onions.
Looks so tasty!