It’s the simple, easy stuff that makes every day exciting. When we decided to eat fewer carbs just for a week, I had to get creative. I rely on veggies and lean meat. Since the sweet potatoes are always a hit, I decided to pair them with whipped garlic yogurt sauce. Magic happens when they get roasted with a few herbs and spices. It is a perfect side dish, but we had it for lunch. Thyme roasted sweet potato is a delicious meal in itself and I am making some again.
You can use whatever is available. I prefer using the bright orange variety of sweet potatoes; they look beautiful once caramelized. The toasted pine nuts add some crunch and nuttiness. It is a kind of healthy comfort food. What is your idea of healthy comfort food?
Do share your thoughts and give this recipe a try.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Sweet potatoes 3 (medium)
- Garlic 2 (grated)
- Thyme few sprigs
- Yogurt 3 tbsp
- Labneh 3 tbsp
- Paprika ½ tsp
- Smoked paprika ¼ tsp
- Pine nuts 2 tbsp
- Pomegranate arils 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Mint leaves
- Mix the sweet potato cubes with olive oil, paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place them on a greased and lined tray.
- Roast in a preheated oven (160 degrees) for 10-12 minutes, flipping midway to get the even caramelization.
- Whip the yogurt and labneh with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- At the time of serving, pile up the roasted sweet potato cubes on a serving plate.
- Pour the whipped yogurt sauce. Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle toasted pine nuts, and pomegranate arils. Garnish with mint leaves and smoked paprika.