How about some healthy ragi cookies with the goodness of clarified butter (Desi ghee) and coconut sugar. I had to come up with these as I wanted my son to eat different kinds of flour. Ragi is millet and is rich in minerals. Roasted Ragi flour has a slight nuttiness, and we loved it.
These soft and crumbly cookies will remind you of ‘nankhatais'(Indian butter cookies). They are a perfect companion to our evening tea and are well received in the kiddo’s lunchbox. One medium-sized cookie is quite filling. These cookies are delicate, so bake them in the middle rack at 160 degrees for slightly longer than regular cookies.
I had fun shooting with these last weekend morning. I had to bribe and beg my family to cooperate with me. Kiddo was a big help; he was patient as he had to wait for the shoot to finish before taking a bite.
I hope you do enjoy making these cookies as much as I did.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Baking Time : 10-12 minutes
No. of cookies 10-12
- Ragi flour 120 gms
- Whole wheat flour 120 gms
- Coconut sugar 100 gms
- Ghee (Clarified butter) 120 gms
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Almond flakes 1 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl, pour all the ingredients except the almond flakes.
- Mix till well combined, and when you press the mixture, it holds shape.
- Add a little more ghee if needed. Roll into the desired shape and top with almond flakes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Let them cool on a wire rack before storing them in an airtight container.