Are you looking for an easy chocolate dessert recipe for your guests? You have reached your destination. The easy eggless dark chocolate mousse that is loved by all. You can serve it to both grown-ups and kids both. It is also safe for expecting moms. Just five ingredients, and you see happy faces. I had a request for a second helping too.
I avoid eating chocolate mousse for the only reason, egg whites. Somehow the texture doesn’t sit well with me. This recipe avoids eggs yet has a lovely texture. It is rich, dense with an intense chocolate flavor.
I skipped sugar completely as the lotus biscuits are sweet, plus they add to the texture. However, you may skip that layer and add the desired amount of sugar.
Your whisk does all the hard work. But I recommend a tiny workout later if you end up eating more than one jar of this mousse, like me. You can make these a day ahead and refrigerate. Remember to take them out of the refrigerator a few minutes before serving. I hope you do like this recipe.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : NA
Serves : 4-5
- Heavy cream 100 gms
- Whipping cream 100 ml
- Dark chocolate (58% cocoa) 75 gms
- Lotus biscuits 10
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Melt the chocolate on a double boiler. Whisk the heavy cream till it gets a little fluffy.
- Pour the chocolate and mix until well combined. Whisk the whipping cream and fold it in half into the chocolate mix.
- Reserve the rest for topping. Crush the lotus biscuits with the back of a wooden spoon and mix them with melted butter.
- Place this mixture at the bottom of the serving jars and press gently with a muddler. Pour the chocolate mousse on top of the biscuit layer and place it in the refrigerator.
- Place the rest of the whipping cream in a piping bag or gently place a teaspoon on top of each jar of mousse. Garnish with shaved chocolate and serve chilled.