Nothing is better than beginning the day with a plate of fragrant Lemony pancakes. Citrus flavors are a huge hit in my family. It’s easy to get the family down for breakfast on the weekend with these easy and light pancakes.
These are healthy and have a slightly darker hue as I used whole wheat flour. We loved the way they turned out. Soft and fluffy. I paired them with whipped cream and fruits. Sweetened coconut cream will also work out great. Adding dried or fresh blueberries to this pancake batter is another variation we love.
We avoid eating pancakes in restaurants as I find them too sweet. These are perfectly sweet, and I enjoy them with a cup of black coffee on the side.
My top tricks to get fluffy pancakes are a hot skillet and not over-mixing the batter.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Makes : 7-8
- Whole Wheat flour 200 gms
- Coconut Sugar 1 tbsp
- Milk 1 cup
- Egg 1
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Baking soda ¼ tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Butter 2 tbsp (melted) + 1 tbsp extra
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Preheat a skillet. Place flour, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Lightly whisk together egg, milk, lemon zest juice, and butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until well combined. Coat the girdle with a bit of butter and pour a ladle of the batter.
- Flip when the bubbles appear.
- Serve warm with fresh fruits, whipped cream, and honey.