Bring some zest to your regular cheesecake by adding the magic ingredient of ‘Lemon’. Here is the full recipe.
Baked Lemon & Yogurt Cheese Cake
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Ricotta Cheese 250 g
Greek Yogurt 350 g
Lemon zest 1 tbsp
Lemon juice 2 and 1/2 tbsp
Caster sugar 70 g
Plain flour ¼ cup
Almonds (optional) for decoration
Graham crackers (crushed) – 2 cups
Lemon zest 1 tsp
Salt ¼ tsp
Butter ½ cup
- For the base: all the ingredients for base in a food processor and whizz to get a crumb like texture
- Line a 23-inch springform tin with wax paper and pour the base and even it out with your finger or a spatula.
- Bake at 180-degree Celsius oven for 10 mins, then let it cool
For the cheesecake:
- Put ricotta cheese, yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl and beat.
- Use Blender in case the cheese is little crumbly.
- Beat the eggs and add to the cheese mixture
- Mix in flour and transfer into the tin over the cooled base
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 35 – 40 mins.
- Do the skewer test to check if its cooked in the middle
- Turn off the oven and let the cake cool in the oven with oven door ajar
- Scatter slivered almonds and enjoy.