Fresh fruits always give that extra kick to the desserts and make them magical!! I believe that the best part of summer are fruits. Mango is one fruit that brings out the child in you. They don’t grow well in Assam due to pests and the weather. A few indigenous variety does grow but they lack the meatiness. so, we depend on our import from West Bengal. but they were very expensive. During my doctorate days in West Bengal, I had an overdose of mangoes. They were in abundance during the season if you are crazy about them, you could eat a kilo every day.
Mango Lassi is like a staple drink whenever you eat out, especially spicy Indian food. So, when it comes to desserts, this one is my favorite mango based dessert. and it super easy to make. I use plain greek yogurt along with cream cheese just to feel better when I eat it.
Honestly, whenever I had store bought cheesecake, it would leave me feeling heavy. so, yogurt makes it light and healthier without compromising on taste. so, do try it and let me know.
No bake Mango Cheesecake parfait
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Mango – 2 peeled and cubed
Greek Yogurt – 1 cup
Cream cheese – ½ cup
Condensed Milk – ¼ cup
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Base: Wholewheat digestive biscuit – 2 cups (grounded)
Butter – 2 tbsp
Salt – Pinch
- For the base crush the biscuits in a food processor and add the melted butter and salt
- Divide the mixture evenly into the serving glasses and press down gently. I used a cocktail muddler
- For the mango cheesecake Puree the mango and mix in the sugar till it dissolves
- Beat the Greek yogurt, cream cheese and condensed milk together
- Fold the mango mixture well and beat again
- Pour this mixture into piping bags and chill for 6 hour
- Pipe over the biscuit base and top with sliced mangoes or whipped cream
- I used whole-wheat chocolate brownies as a topping.
If the mangoes have a lot of moisture strain them with a cloth.
if piping bags are not available or you are not comfortable then just spoon out the cheesecake mixture over the base and chill in a refrigerator.
Your blog is amazing! Great food with great photographs!
Thank you so much Sumith😊
LikeLiked by 1 person