A healthy breakfast to begin your day is the definitive Chia Mousse Parfait. It is prepared with almost the same ingredients as chia pudding. I prefer calling it a mousse as coconut cream lends a lovely texture to it.
I always use coconut cream or milk or sometimes both as the base. However, I do tweak it once a while for variety with a little Chocolate, fruits, spices, etc.
In the following recipe, I used powdered berries for that gorgeous color; Fruit purees are always a great option. I use ripe fruits and berries to compensate for the low sugar.
I have shared the recipe of a few chia parfaits before on Instagram, but this is my first blog post on chia mousse. Enjoy
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Serves : 4 persons
Cooking time: NA
- Chia seeds 70 gms
- Coconut cream 400 gms + 100 gms(for garnish)
- Coconut milk 150 ml
- Date syrup or any sweetener 50 ml
- Lingonberry powder 2 and 1/2 tbsp
- Pomegranate arils ½ cup (optional)
- Sliced pistachio nuts 2 tbsp (optional)
- Blueberries 1/2 cup (or any other sweet berries)
- Whisk together the coconut cream, coconut milk, sweetener, and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Divide this mixture into two parts.
- Add the berry powder to one half and leave the other half as such.
- Start layering the parfait in the serving glass. I placed the pomegranate arils at the bottom, followed by unflavored mousse and then the flavored berry mousse.
- Let it set at least for a couple of hours and serve cold. Top it with blueberries, more coconut cream, nuts, etc.