Shakshuka is one of my favorite dishes with eggs, and eggs happen to be my favorite ingredients. The creamy tomato sauce with the beautiful runny eggs got a tiny upgrade with chicken mince.
Some leftover chicken mince helped me create something unique and delicious. The twists that I add to a dish is often a necessity. Shakshuka with chicken mince is one such dish. The chicken adds to the texture and taste.
The pleasure of dipping that crusty bread in the yolk is such a temptation. It is a filling meal, and with an extra egg, it’s enough for four servings. It is a one-pot meal with more or less the basic pantry staples.
Happy Weekend Everyone!!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Serves : 3 persons
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Chicken mince 250 gms
- Onion 1
- Garlic 5 cloves
- Ginger 1tsp (finely chopped)
- Chili 2
- Tomatoes 3 (500gms)
- Eggs 3
- Coriander powder ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder ¼ tsp
- Paprika ½ tsp
- Tomato paste 3 tbsp
- Feta cheese 3 tbsp
- Parsley (chopped) 1tbsp
- Heat oil in the pan(choose one with a cover) and add garlic, ginger, and onion.
- Once they get fragrant, add the chicken mince. Let the mince cook through.
- Add the tomatoes, paste, powdered spices, and chili. Let it simmer and cook for some time till the tomatoes soften.
- Crack the eggs in three separate bowls. Make three holes in the gravy and gently add the eggs one at a time.
- Cover and cook for a minute till the eggs are cooked yet runny.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and feta cheese.
- Serve hot with some bread.