Steamed cauliflower mash with loads of herbs and drizzle of chili oil. The soft-boiled egg adds some texture and contrast. I am not sure if it can be called a mash, as the consistency is different. Yet, it has an irresistibly creamy texture.
The taste of cauliflower mash is enhanced with the herbs, garlic, and chili.
Working moms with smaller kids can save a lot of time with these easy recipes. These quick, blender friendly recipes save a lot of time in the kitchen and are healthy too. Steaming veggies is one of the easiest and healthy ways of consuming them.
It’s a cozy, light dish, and I make it almost every winter with a twist here and there. Turkish eggs partly inspired the soft egg and chili oil. I hope you do try this simple, hearty dish.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves : 2-3
- Cauliflower 700 gms
- Garlic 4 cloves
- Rosemary and Thyme 2 tbsp
- Chili flakes ⅛ tsp
- Paprika ¼ tsp
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Egg 1-2
- Clean and break the cauliflower into small florets.
- Steam the florets for 7-8 minutes and place them on a kitchen towel. It helps the florets to drain excess water and cool faster.
- In the meantime, heat a little in a pan and add the chopped garlic. Let it sizzle for a few seconds and turn off the heat.
- Place the florets in a blender with the garlic, herbs, and seasonings. Blend into a puree with as little water or no water. Heat a little olive in a pan, add the paprika and chili flakes. Twirl the pan to bring everything together and turn off the heat.
- At the time of serving, drizzle the chili oil and top it with a soft boiled egg.