I feel winter is all about cravings. Hearty and cozy meals are in order as the temperature dips. Herb-roasted sweet potato soup is deliciously creamy and flavorsome. I used a mix of thyme and rosemary for this soup, and the kitchen’s aroma while roasting left me hungry.
It’s one easy soup that requires very little time and effort. As sweet potato is naturally sweet, I added the heat with chili flakes and some pepper. The coconut cream is only for the garnish, yet the soup’s texture was amazingly creamy.
Honestly, I love to snack on the crispy roasted bits of sweet potato. I had to resist before I polished off everything from the baking tin itself. I hope you enjoy it with some crusty bread.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time (plus Roasting time): 20 minutes
Serves : 2-3
- Sweet potato 2 medium
- Fresh thyme and rosemary (chopped) 1 and ½ tbsp
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Chili flakes ¼ tsp
- Paprika ½ tsp
- Olive oil 2tbsp
- Vegetable stock ½ cup
- For Garnish
- Coconut cream 2 tbsp (whipped)
- Fresh basil or parsley leaves
- Place the Sweet potato and garlic in a roasting tin or pan.
- Sprinkle salt, herbs, chili flakes, and drizzle the olive oil.
- Give it a good mix and roast for 10-15 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked and cooled, blend everything with little water.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add the stock. Bring the soup to a boil and serve hot.