Strawberry, honey, and oats mini cakes can serve as a guilt-free evening snack. They look and taste fresh.
Baking with kiddo almost every week has become a tradition post the lockdown. My son seems to enjoy the process, as I let him help me bake. We bake healthy cookies, brownies, muffins, donuts, etc. which go into his lunchbox and double up as our evening snack. I make it a point to include a fruit and keep it refined sugar-free. Honey, jaggery, palm sugar are the usual sweeteners.
My little one loves bananas and doesn’t mind saving a couple for baking. This time, however, he wanted cupcakes with strawberries for a family tea party. Thanks to his idea, we sat down together for a cup of tea with these beauties.
They are moist and perfectly sweet. Hope you enjoy them with your evening cuppa!!
Preparation time: 12-15 minutes
Baking time: 8-10 minutes
Serves: 5-6 mini cakes or 10-12 muffins
- Strawberry 200 gms
- All-purpose flour 100
- Whole wheat flour 50 gms
- Quick Oats 50 gms
- Egg 1
- Milk 120 ml
- Oil 60 ml
- Honey 120 ml
- Baking powder 1 ½ tsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Vanilla ½ tsp
- Almond flakes 3 tbsp
- Clean and chop the strawberries.
- Beat the egg lightly, add oil, milk, and honey. Whisk till well combined.
- Sieve the flours and mix the rest of the dry ingredients. P
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix till well combined with a spatula.
- Add the chopped strawberries, give it a good mix, and sprinkle the almonds.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes and bake for 8-10 minutes.