With the temperature hitting 40 degrees, I crave chilled drinks on weekends. I usually go for a glass of iced coffee or tea. However, last year the whole world got introduced to “Dalgona.” The classic Dalgona is off-limits for the kiddo, and he tends to feel left out. This time I had to think of something that he usually ignores but would happily drink with a chunk of ice and a fancy straw.
Kiddo makes a face every time I make some Golden or turmeric for him. Thanks to the trend, I thought of serving Turmeric/Golden Dalgona instead of turmeric milk. Turmeric Dalgona did not face the same fate as turmeric milk. We all loved it. I made my dalgona with whipping cream and regular milk.
I hope you enjoy the trend keeping it a tad bit healthier with turmeric.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: NA
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Cinnamon ¼ tsp
- Ground ginger ¼ tsp
- Ground black pepper a pinch or two
- Coconut sugar 35 gms
- Whipping cream 200 gms
- Milk 200 ml
- Ice cubes
- Extra turmeric powder for garnish
- Mix the powdered spices in a bowl and keep them aside. In a mixing bowl, start whipping the cream with a teaspoon of sugar at a time.
- When the stiff peaks appear, stop the electric beater and slowly add the turmeric powder mix. Fold in the powder mix.
- Pour chilled milk into a glass, add ice cubes and top it with turmeric dalgona whip. Garnish with more turmeric and enjoy.