A crispy salad with the right balance of sweet and citrus flavors. Kale raspberry and pear salad with grapefruit dressing is one salad you have to try this summer.
The grapefruit dressing, which is the star, brings all the ingredients together. It took me under one minute to prepare it. Grapefruit happens to be one of my favorites in the citrus family, and preparing a dressing with it was always on my mind. The juice of ruby grapefruit combines with honey, olive oil, and fresh basil leaves to yield a delicious dressing. You could drop in a few chili flakes to add some zing.
Some fresh salad mixes and microgreens from Madar Farms inspired me to create this salad. They have a wide range of salad mixes and microgreens. The kale did not have even a hint of bitterness, and the microgreens were fresh. I kept them in an airtight box in the refrigerator for the next two days.
Here is an easy recipe for some inspiration to eat more salads.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: NA
- Raspberries 7-8
- Pear 1
- Baby kale 10-12
- Lettuce 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Walnuts 5-6 (roughly crushed)
- Pepitas 10-15
- Feta cheese 2tbsp (crumbled)
- Grapefruit 1 (juice)
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Honey 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper
- Rub a little olive oil on the kale leaves and keep them aside. Place all the ingredients in the dressing in a blender and give it a wiz just a couple of times.
- Make the base with kale and lettuce. Place the sliced pear and whole raspberries. Sprinkle crumbled feta, broken walnuts, and pepitas.
- Drizzle the dressing just before serving. Enjoy
- You can add some microgreens as well.