Here is a perfect summer brunch food idea for a small gathering. Your guests will be impressed with these super easy crostini with green hummus and juicy shrimps.
This hummus is prepared with parsley and microgreens. However, you could use classic or any other flavor of your choice. Hummus forms a lovely base on toasted baguette slices.
I prepared the hummus a day before, which made it super easy to assemble.
Cook the shrimp just before serving. Lemon juice, garlic, and thyme help the shrimp shine through.
Top them with your favorite garnish, herb, or microgreens to make them stand out.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Shrimps 200 gms
- Garlic 2 (grated)
- Paprika ½ tsp
- Thyme few sprigs
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Baguette 1 small
- Sesame seeds ½ tsp
- Chickpeas 120 gms
- Garlic 3
- Tahini 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder ½ tsp
- Place all the ingredients for hummus in a blender and blend.
- Drizzle more olive oil and keep it aside for later.
- Marinate the shrimps with garlic, lemon juice, paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper for about 5 minutes.
- Cook the shrimp on a hot pan for around minutes. In the meantime, taste the baguette slices with a drizzle of olive oil.
- At the time of serving, Smear the toasted bread slices with hummus and place a shrimp on top.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and microgreens.