I started with something else in mind and ended up creating a perfect summer drink with a zing. Mango ginger limeade is sweet, fizzy, and has a kick from the ginger. I wanted to prepare iced tea with some leftover mango puree but instead prepared limeade. And I am so glad I did.
Mangoes are still available, and I am trying to prepare my favorites before bidding adieu to mango season. I saw this as an opportunity to add some much-needed vitamin C to our diets. Kiddo loves oranges, and I try to add a little variety to these drinks. He gets to sip on these without soda and loves them.
Win-win for me.
Spices add the edge to drinks. Cinnamon, ginger, and chili are some pantry staples that I love adding to my drinks. Apart from the dominant flavor, I look forward to the extra touch with these magical ingredients.
How are you keeping yourself cool this summer?
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: NA
Serves: 3 – 4
- Mango 2 (pureed)
- Ginger 1 tbsp (julienned)
- Sugar 40 gms
- Lime juice 1 1/2
- Soda 500 ml
- Water 500 ml
- Cook the chopped mangoes with 20 gms of sugar. Once they soften, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Puree the mango cubes with some water if needed and keep them aside.
- In a saucepan, heat ½ cup of water and add the ginger. Bring this to a rolling boil. Let it cool, and then strain.
- Mix this to the mango puree with the rest of the sugar and lime juice. Mix until well combined.
- When serving, fill the glass with ice, pour the mango purée concentrate, add little water and top it with soda. Serve chilled with lime wedges.