Here is a festive recipe that has both naughty and nice ingredients. Date truffles with the goodness of nuts and dark chocolate are a perfect edible gift. Skip the salted caramel drizzle for a refined sugar-free dessert.
Dates are versatile and nutritious, and I prefer using them as a base whenever I make truffles. I roll them in desiccated coconut or oats for snack boxes. My son loves to snack on these. I made these for kids and their nannies’ pre-Christmas potluck celebration in my neighborhood. It took me less than 20 minutes to make it, excluding the freezing time.
Make these for these festive times ahead and see the faces lit up brighter than the Christmas tree.
Check out my previous blog to find the recipe of salted caramel sauce.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : NA
Makes : 10-12
- Dates 15
- Peanut butter 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil 1 tsp
- Walnuts 10-12
- Dark Chocolate 250 gms
- Salted caramel sauce 3 tbsp
- Place the chopped dates with peanut butter and coconut oil in a blender. Blend to get a coarse mash.
- Add the crushed walnuts and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into the desired shape with lightly oiled palms and let them chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate on a double boiler and prepare the salted caramel. Coat the truffles with dark chocolate and place them on parchment paper.
- Drizzle salted caramel and garnish with some salt flakes. Keep them in the refrigerator till it’s time to serve.
Note : Click on here to find the recipe for salted caramel recipe.