There is no better way to celebrate Christmas than sharing good food. These peppermint cupcakes were the perfect treats for a bunch of hard-working employees at a supermarket who are my little one’s pals. My son looks forward to meeting them, and they always bring a smile to his face.
Christmas was the perfect occasion to show some gratitude and goodwill. These soft and moist cupcakes with whipped cream taste delicious. I tried to make them a little festive with the bicolor frosting.
They are easy to make, and I used a hand whisk and spatula to combine the ingredients.
I used both butter and clarified butter to make these.
I hope this Christmas brightens up your life and fills it with warmth. Cheers to that!!!Merry Christmas.
Preparation Time : 15-20 minutes
Baking Time : 15-16 minutes
Serves : 12-13
- Butter 100 gms
- Clarified butter 100 gms
- Sugar 200 gms
- Peppermint flavor 1 tsp
- Whole Wheat flour 110 gms
- All-purpose flour 110 gms
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Eggs 2
- Milk 200 ml
- Whipping cream 200 ml
- Red food color 2-3 drops
- Candy cane 2
- Whisk the butter, clarified butter (both at room temperature) with sugar. Whisk till the sugar dissolves.
- Crack open the eggs one at a time and whisk to incorporate. Sift the two flour with vanilla and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula. Pour the milk and blend until smooth.
- Scoop into a lined muffin pan. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-16 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Whip the cream till soft peaks appear. Add two drops of food colour to half a cup of whipped cream and mix until well combined.
- Next, draw lines with red whipping cream inside the piping bag with a long spoon. Fill the piping bag with the rest of the whipping cream.
- Pipe out the cream in the desired way on cooled muffins. Sprinkle crushed candy cane and serve.