We have always loved biscotti. I have difficulty choosing my favorite kind of biscotti, but I often prepare this recipe. Almonds and dried apricots are pantry staples and taste delicious together.
The recipe is simple and a little tricky. The dough is wet and difficult to workaround. The trick is not to over mix and gently place on the baking tray once mixed.
It looks like homemade bread. The apricots and almonds look beautiful. We enjoy them as such with a cup of hot coffee. Chocolate-coated ones taste fantastic. It is a healthy recipe with part jaggery and whole wheat flour.
I hope you try this recipe and make your evening cuppa a little special.
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Baking Time: 30 + 5 minutes
Makes : 15-17 biscottis
- Whole Wheat flour 100 gms
- All-purpose flour 100 gms
- Jaggery powder 60 gms
- Brown sugar 60 gms
- Almond meal 30 gms
- Vanilla 1 tsp
- Egg 2
- Egg whites 2
- Baking powder 1and ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Apricots (chopped)10-11
- Almonds (whole) 12-14
- Dark chocolate
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Next, whisk the eggs, egg whites with jaggery and sugar. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the wet dough into two parts and place it on a greased lined tray as two logs.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes, till the top cracks.
- Let them cool before slicing the logs into even biscottis.
- Arrange them in a layer on a tray and bake further for 5 minutes, flipping mid-way.
- Store in an airtight container once cooled.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, dip the biscottis in the chocolate, sprinkle some chopped almonds, and serve.