Well, I have always loved citrus flavors in my desserts and breakfast. Oranges and clementines evoke tons of childhood memories, especially during winters. I love the taste and aroma of these fruits. Like me, you will love these mildly sweet and aromatic orange/clementine yogurt pancakes.
I have memories of plucking clementines from orchards and enjoying them under the sun. Grandma would dry the peels, to be used later for flavoring. I have used orange blossom honey to sweeten these pancakes; you may replace it with regular honey. The orange blossom lends a mild aroma and makes them irresistible. A drop or two of orange blossom will also work. Just be mindful not to make it overpowering.
I served these soft pancakes with whipped greek yogurt. That makes them rich yet healthy. I made these last weekend, just before the school reopened.
I hope you do enjoy some quality time over the breakfast table with your loved ones with these glorious pancakes to start the day.
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Serves : 2-3
- Whole wheat flour 100 gms
- All-purpose flour 80 gms
- Eggs 2
- Juice and zest of one Clementine/orange
- Milk 120 ml
- Canola oil 1 tbsp
- Baking Powder 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Orange blossom honey 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Greek yogurt 3 tbsp
- Place the eggs, milk, oil, and honey in a bowl. Whisk till slightly fluffy.
- Add the two flours, baking powder, zest, and clementine juice or orange juice.
- Mix until well combined. Heat an iron skillet or pan, add a little butter and pour a ladle of the batter.
- Let the bubbles appear before you flip.
- Let them cool slightly before serving with whipped yogurt and orange blossom honey.