This chutney is an accidental discovery. I had a couple of ingredients which I wanted to finish. Since the quantity of the ingredients was less, I decided to throw them together and create something new. The pear was the last moment addition as I found it in the refrigerator. But it added a lovely texture. I added the ginger for some zing and chilli flakes for the hot and sweet effect.
I made this chutney to go along with some veggie fritters I made for our evening snack but the chutney stole the show. As we kept coming back for the chutney even when the fritters got over. We realized this was a perfect case of an Accidental Greatness.
The best part is that it’s so easy to make and you can store it in a clean airtight jar for a week in the refrigerator. Hope you give it a try and spice up your evening snacks.
Apricot and Dates Chutney
Preparation Time: 20 Mins
Cooking time: 15 Mins
Yield: serves NA
Apricot (dried) 18 (180gms)
Ginger 1 Inch (or julienned 1 tbsp)
Sugar 50 gms
- Chop the apricots, dates, and pear and place them along with sugar, ginger and chili flakes in a heavy bottom pan
- Add a little water and keep cooking over medium heat
- If the ingredients stick to the sides, add a tbsp or two of water. Keep the liquid as less as possible without burning the ingredients
- Once apricots and pear is cooked through and break easily with little pressure with a wooden spoon, turn off the heat
- Place all the ingredients in a blender with a little water (if needed) and blend to fine paste.
Wow! This is interesting, just can’t wait to try this beautiful chutney !