Here is a light dessert for all the coffee lovers. Coffee panna cotta with dalgona whip topped with cream.
Three layers of delightful creamy texture are pure bliss. The dalgona layer strengthens the coffee flavor. So, you may want to skip it while making for children.
It was a quick dessert with coffee as we were missing the caffeine in our lives. My day starts with coffee, and during Ramadan, this ritual comes to a stop. So, this dessert post Iftar definitely will cheer up all the coffee lovers. I used regular coffee for the pannacotta and instant coffee for the dalgona whip.
There is something about the texture of panna cotta that you feel light even after two helpings. The silky-smooth texture and the taste of coffee together make it extraordinary. I love making it for my son in different flavors as it is easy on the tummy. However, I skipped the dalgona layer for his bowl of panna cotta.
Preparation time: 15minutes
Chilling time: 10-15 minutes
- Coffee 1 tbsp
- Water 150 ml
- Milk 150ml
- Whipping Cream 100 ml
- Sugar 20 gms
- Gelatin 1 tbsp
- Coffee 2 tbsp
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Water 2 tbsp (Hot)
- Whipping cream + sugar
- Dark Chocolate shavings 1 tbsp
- Heat milk in a pan and add the gelatin; keep stirring till the crystals dissolve.
- Add sugar, mix it well over low heat. Turn off the heat and add the cream.
- Mix till well combined. Add coffee to hot water and let it brew. Strain and add it to the panna cotta mix.
- Sieve and pour into serving glasses. Let it set in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours.
- For the Dalgona layer, whisk together the three ingredients till you get creamy stiff peaks. Then, spoon out the desired quantity on top of the panna cotta.
- Whisk the whipping cream till you get stiff peaks. Spoon a little on top of your dessert.
- Sprinkle shaved chocolate and serve chilled.