Last year during the mango season, I made a delicious Indian drink with unripe mangoes. This year it’s a spicy mango cooler. Easy to prepare and looks elegant. Once you keep the base ready, it’s all about assembling the drink.
The heat from the chili and the sweetness of the mangoes work so well together. Depending upon the heat tolerance, you may adjust the amount of chili. I used a whole green chili. It is a variety of chili from Pakistan. I tried it for the first time here, and it has a unique flavor you can’t miss. Lime juice, mint leaves, and soda make this drink so refreshingly good.
With no travel plans for this coming summer, I rely on food to take me to different places, through memories, of course. So enjoy a chilled summer afternoon with a glass of this.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: NA
- Mango 2
- Chilli 1
- Soda 1 can
- Sugar 20 gms
- Lime juice of 1 lime
- Mint leaves and sliced chili for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Place the mango, sugar, and chili in a blender. You can refrigerate this mixture for a day or two.
- When serving, place 3-4 tbsp of this mixture, add a little water and stir.
- Squeeze lime juice, add ice cubes, and top it with soda.
- Garnish with mint leaves and chili slices.