What started as an experiment became the hero on my brunch table. This light crostini can be described as caramelized sweet potato bits on toasted baguette slices with creamy labneh. It needs a handful of ingredients and gets done in no time. Sweet potato and labneh make an excellent combination and keeps this dish healthy.
Thyme adds a hint of freshness, and honey makes it sweet. I like the different textures you can feel in each bite.
It’s a one-pan dish, and you can do the prep beforehand. At the time of serving, assemble the dish.
Simple flavors and beautiful textures make this dish stand out. Try it out to impress your guests.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Roasting time: 10 minutes
- Sweet potato two medium-sized (approx 500 gms)
- Thyme few sprigs
- Baguette 1
- Olive oil
- Labneh 5-6 tbsp
- Walnuts few crushed
- Honey 2 tbsp
- Cut the sweet potatoes into even-sized cubes, mix with some olive oil and thyme leaves until combined.
- Roast them for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 160 degrees and tossing over midway.
- Toast the bread slices in the oven or over a pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Apply the labneh over the toasted bread slices and place a tablespoon of the sweet potato cubes.
- Sprinkle crushed walnuts and drizzle some more honey. Serve