A mild curry that I prepare at least once every two months. Light, fragrant and healthy. Green Thai curry with baby aubergines and sweet peas served with hot rice is a delight.
Thai cuisine is something I enjoy making. It makes my life easy when I have a jar of Thai curry paste. The curry base comes together in minutes and can be stored for almost a week.
I found a pack of fresh ingredients for Thai curry paste in the supermarket in almost correct proportions. I added baby aubergines and sweet snow peas to make this a healthy veg curry.
The sweetness from coconut and freshness from lemongrass gives this curry a unique taste. I hope you try this easy recipe.
Preparation time : 10-15 minutes
Cooking time : 5-10 minutes
Serves : 1-2
- Lemongrass 3
- Lime peel from one lime
- Kaffir lime leaves 4
- Coriander leaves and stalk ½ cup
- Chilies 2
- Galangal ½ inch (peeled and chopped)
- Shallots 4-5
- Garlic pods 4-5
- Baby aubergines 4
- Sweet peas 5-6 (blanched)
- Coconut cream 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper
- In a blender, place the lemongrass, lime peel, kaffir lime leaves, coriander leaves and stalks, galangal, chilies, shallots, garlic, and blend to a fine paste.
- Add as little water as possible. Store the paste in an airtight container and refrigerate. Heat a little oil and place 3 tbsp of curry paste, fry till it gets a little fragrant.
- Add the veggies, season, and sauté for a minute. Turn the heat to low and add the coconut cream.
- Add a little water and bring the curry to boil, and turn off the heat. Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles.