Do you look for healthy alternatives when baking treats for your family? Carrot cakes are a delight, so I had to make sure I had the right ingredients to make it a healthy treat. Cinnamon and ginger spiced carrot cake with yogurt frosting to take care of those cravings.
The spices make it even better. The ginger powder adds the much-needed zing to this warm and perfectly moist carrot cake. It is slightly dense, and I love it that way. Grating the carrots need a little effort. Rest everything is easy.
I whisked the sugar and eggs with a handheld whisk. The coconut sugar gives them a dark brown shade which looks fantastic. I hope you do make this during a weekend or the baking season.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20 -22 minutes
- Whole wheat flour 150 gms
- Carrot 150 gms (roughly three medium-sized grated)
- Eggs 3
- Coconut sugar 130 gms
- Coconut oil 150 ml
- Baking powder 11/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder 11/2 tsp
- Ginger powder 1/4 tsp
- Yogurt ½ cup + 1 Tbsp honey
- Walnuts (crushed) 2 tbsp
- Grease and dust a 24.5 X 8 cm bundt cake mold. Whisk the sugar, eggs, and oil in a bowl.
- Sieve the flour, spices, and baking powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the egg mixture in batches. Mix in the carrots and pour into the mold. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Whisk the yogurt with honey. Once the cake is cooled, drizzle the yogurt and sprinkle the crushed walnuts.