A major hit in my family as they love to taste sweet, savory, and spicy in the same mouthful. I added crispy tofu with a dipping sauce for a little variety and crunch. The creamy peanut sauce is the star. Rice noodles in spicy peanut sauce have the perfect combination of sweetness, nuttiness, and a hint of tangy flavor that will keep you coming back for more. I prefer fresh chili over chili paste, but you can add it as you per your heat tolerance.
Rice noodles are a permanent part of my pantry and are my go-to choice as they are relatively healthy. I usually top these noodles with toasted and crushed peanuts, but I ran out of peanuts.
Winter is complete with some soupy or stir-fried noodles. Such a comforting meal in itself. Pair them with veggies or protein for a complete meal. The best part is the variety in terms of the kinds of noodles and how they can be cooked and savored. Try this minimal cooking version and enjoy your free time with loved ones.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Ginger 1 tbsp (julienned)
- Shallots 4-5
- Sesame seeds black and white 3 tbsp
- Spring onions 2 (sliced)
- Fresh green chili 2-3
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Tomato puree ¼ tsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil 1 tbsp
- Peanut butter 2 tbsp
- Sweet Chili sauce 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar 1 tbsp
- Rice noodles one pack
- Tofu 200 gms
- Slice the tofu and pat dry. Coat the tofu with sesame seeds and shallow fry them.
- In a bowl, place peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, tomato puree, vinegar, and sweet chili sauce. Mix till well combined.
- Add a little water if needed. Heat some oil in a pan and add the ginger, garlic, and chopped shallots.
- Add the cooked noodles and sauce. Toss to coat the noodles.
- Serve them warm with extra sauce, toasted peanuts, spring onions, sesame seeds, and a drizzle of sesame oil.