While clearing my refrigerator the other day, I found a piece of leek and some goat cheese. All that came to my mind was the possibility of a tart or soup. I settled for soup as it sounded like lot easier than the former option. A soup would also go perfectly with the previous day’s bread. So, I let the potatoes boil while I sliced and chopped the rest of my vegetables: leek, onion and garlic. It took me less than 30 minutes to prepare this soup. And with rain Gods still showering glorious rain over UAE, the little warm soup felt like a perfect comfort food amidst the cozy home setting.
This soup is so thick and creamy it almost felt like a dip. These few days of winter are actually very precious. So, I love making winter friendly dishes and wish it stays a little longer. We love this soup, it’s healthy and very filling. Leeks are a rich source of folic acid, they reduce cholesterol and help provide immunity to the body. This soup is perfect for expectant mothers. Hope you enjoy!!!!
Leek potato and goat cheese soup
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Yield: serves 3
Potato 3 (medium)
Chili flakes 1 tsp
Goat cheese 4 Tbsp. (crumbled)
Peas ½ cup
Black pepper 1/8 tsp
Chicken stock 1 cube dissolved in 450 ml water
- Skin and dice the boiled potatoes.
- Heat 2tbsp of olive oil in a deep bottom pan, add garlic, onion and chili flakes.
- Add the sliced leek and sauté till it softens.
- Add the boiled potatoes and black pepper. Mix thoroughly. After a couple of minutes pour the stock and add goat cheese.
- Bring the soup to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down a little before blending into a fine puree.
- Add a little water (if you feel like) to bring it to the desired consistency.
- Garnish with little chili oil and fried potato squares.Note: goat cheese and chicken stock (low sodium) have salt so, I did not add any salt. But do check for seasoning and add if you feel so.